Financial clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Financial clinic is typically offered every month.
- Registration in advance is required, and space is limited.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or via email.
Issues that are covered: Debtor / creditor or pre-bankruptcy counseling; real estate / mortgage foreclosure; answer to a debt-related lawsuit against you; and, garnish / asset levy (debtor side only)
Issues that are NOT covered: Landlord / tenant.
All clinics are currently held remotely over the telephone.
The volunteer attorney will contact each clinic registrant by phone. If you need the volunteer attorney to view paperwork for a clinic, arrangements must be made ahead of time in order to get the paperwork to the attorney. Please contact the law library by phone or email to register for the a free legal clinic. A law librarian will give you instructions for getting necessary paperwork to the volunteer attorney.
2021 Finance Clinics dates:
- Monday, April 26, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration is open.
- Monday, May 10, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all May clinics opens on Monday, April 19.
- Monday, June 14, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all June clinics opens on Monday, May 17.
- Monday, July 12, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all July clinics opens on Monday, June 21.