Financial clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Financial clinic is typically offered every month.
- Registration in advance is required, and space is limited.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or via email.
Issues that are covered: Debtor / creditor or pre-bankruptcy counseling; real estate / mortgage foreclosure; answer to a debt-related lawsuit against you; and, garnish / asset levy (debtor side only).
Issues that are NOT covered: Landlord / tenant.
All clinics are currently held remotely over the telephone.
The volunteer attorney will contact each clinic registrant by phone. If you need the volunteer attorney to view paperwork for a clinic, arrangements must be made ahead of time in order to get the paperwork to the attorney. Please contact the law library by phone or email to register for the a free legal clinic. A law librarian will give you instructions for getting necessary paperwork to the volunteer attorney.
2021 Finance Clinics dates:
- Monday, August 9, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all August clinics opens on Monday, July 19.
- September 2021 clinic date TBD. Registration for all September clinics opens on Monday, August 16.
- Monday, October 11, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all October clinics opens on Monday, September 20.
- November 2021 clinic date TBD. Registration for all November clinics opens on Monday, October 18.
- Monday, December 13, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Registration for all December clinics opens on Monday, November 15.