Notice to All Law Library Patrons:
The Olmsted County Law Library is open to the public. Please be aware of the procedures being followed in the law library to help keep all patrons and staff healthy and safe:
- Maximum patrons in the law library is two (2).
- All patrons must wear a face mask while in the law library.
- Follow social distancing requirements (6 feet between each person).
- Law librarians can also offer assistance by phone at 507-218-3778 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a Public Law Library dedicated to assisting the judiciary, local bar, local government, self-represented litigants, residents of Olmsted County, and members of the general public.
We provide access to –
- Legal Research materials for Minnesota and the Federal 8th Circuit. Electronic resources include WestlawNext.
- Brief legal advice Clinics with volunteer attorneys through our partnership with Legal Assistance of Olmsted County on the topics of Expungement, Family and Financial.
- A Self-Help center and access to court-approved Forms for use by those representing themselves in Minnesota State District and Conciliation courts.
- Free CLEs (Continuing Legal Education) programs for local judges, law clerks and attorneys.
We do not provide “lawyer” services. We do not represent or advocate on behalf of anyone; we do not provide legal advice, opinion or interpretation. If you need these services, use our Help links to find a lawyer or advocate who can assist you with your case.