Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
- Plan to arrive in the Law Library 10-15 minutes early to get checked in.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or via email.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
Weekly Family Law Clinics in November 2018:
- Registration for December 2018 Clinics is now open. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You may put your name on a waiting list for a full December clinic, but there is no guarantee that you will receive a spot on that day.
- Thursday, December 13, from 2 pm to 4 pm (this clinic is now full)
- Tuesday, December 18, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Week of December 24 through 28 – there will be no clinics this week
- Registration for January 2019 Clinics will begin on Monday, December 17, at 8:00 am. No waiting list will be kept in advance. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Week of December 31 through January 4 – there will be no clinics this week
- Thursday, January 10, from 2 pm to 4 pm
- Wednesday, January 16, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Wednesday, January 23, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, January 29, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am