Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
- Plan to arrive in the Law Library 10-15 minutes early to get checked in.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
Notice as of March 19: All clinics will be held remotely rather than in person.
The volunteer attorney will contact each clinic registrant by phone. If you need the volunteer attorney to view paperwork for a clinic, arrangements must be made ahead of time in order to get the paperwork to the attorney. Please contact the law library by phone or email to register for the a free legal clinic. A law librarian will give you instructions for getting necessary paperwork to the volunteer attorney.
Family Clinics for May 2020: Registration for all May clinics is now open.
Tuesday, May 5, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. (held)
Tuesday, May 12, from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. (held)
Tuesday, May 19, from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (held)
– Thursday, May 28, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Family Clinics for June 2020: Registration for all June clinics opens on Monday, May 18.
– Thursday, June 4, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, June 10, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
– Wednesday, June 17, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– Monday, June 22, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Tuesday, June 30, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Family Clinics for July 2020: Registration for all July clinics opens on Monday, June 15.
– Monday, July 20, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Monday, July 27, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.