Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
- Plan to arrive in the Law Library 10-15 minutes early to get checked in.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or via email.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
Weekly Family Law Clinics in August and September 2018:
- Registration for August 2018 Clinics is now open. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You may put your name on a waiting list for a full August clinic, but there is no guarantee that you will receive a spot on that day.
- Tuesday, August 7 from 10 am to noon (full)
- Tuesday, August 14 from 9 am to 11 am
- Wednesday, August 22 from 9 am to 11 am
- Wednesday, August 29 from 2 pm to 4 pm
- Official registration for September 2018 Clinics will begin at 8 am on Monday, August 20. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. No waiting list will be kept for September clinics in advance of the official registration start date.
- Thursday, September 6 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Thursday, September 13 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Thursday, September 20 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, September 25 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am