Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
All clinics are currently held remotely over the telephone.
The volunteer attorney will contact each clinic registrant by phone. If you need the volunteer attorney to view paperwork for a clinic, arrangements must be made ahead of time in order to get the paperwork to the attorney. Please contact the law library by phone or email to register for a free legal clinic. A law librarian will give you instructions for getting necessary paperwork to the volunteer attorney.
Family Clinics for November 2021: Registration for all November 2021 clinics will be open on Monday, October 18th.
– Friday, November 5, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
– Monday, November 8, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Monday, November 15, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
-Monday, November 22, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Family Clinics for December 2021: Registration for all December 2021 clinics will be open on Monday, November 15th.
– Wednesday, December 1, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, December 8, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– Monday, December 13, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Tuesday, December 21, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Tuesday, December 28, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Please continue checking our website for additional Family Clinic dates in 2021.