Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
- Plan to arrive in the Law Library 10-15 minutes early to get checked in.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or via email.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
Weekly Family Law Clinics in February and March 2018:
- Registration for February 2018 Clinics began at 8 am on Monday, January 22, 2017. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis; a waiting list will be kept for the February clinics if you wish to try to get into an earlier/different clinic than the one you signed up for:
- Thursday, February 22, from 9 am to 11 am
- Tuesday, February 27, from 9 am to 11 am
- Official registration for March 2018 Clinics will begin at 8 am on Tuesday, February 20. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. No waiting list will be kept for March clinics in advance of the official registration start date.
- Monday, March 5, from 9 am to 11 am
- Wednesday, March 14, from 8:30 am to 10;30 am
- Wednesday, March 21, from 9 am to 11 am
- Thursday, March 29, from 2 pm to 4 pm