Family clinics are intended to be a one-time event to assist those who are representing themselves in the courts. A Family clinic is generally offered once each week.
- Plan to arrive in the Law Library 10-15 minutes early to get checked in.
- Registration in advance is required, and may be done in person, by phone 507-218-3778, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues that are covered: Divorce; legal separation; custody; maintenance; annulment; and child support.
Issues that are NOT covered: Adoption; pre- or ante nuptial agreements; CHIPs; or complicated QDRO or property settlement issues.
Notice as of March 19: All clinics will be held remotely rather than in person.
The volunteer attorney will contact each clinic registrant by phone. If you need the volunteer attorney to view paperwork for a clinic, arrangements must be made ahead of time in order to get the paperwork to the attorney. Please contact the law library by phone or email to register for the a free legal clinic. A law librarian will give you instructions for getting necessary paperwork to the volunteer attorney.
Family Clinics for August 2020: Registration for all August clinics is open.
Thursday, August 6, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. (held)
– Wednesday, August 12, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– Monday, August 17, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, August 26, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Family Clinics for September 2020: Registration for all September clinics opens on Monday, August 17.
– Tuesday, September 1, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, September 9, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– Monday, September 14, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, September 23, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
– Monday, September 30, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.